After all that Babe Zaharias did for women and the game of golf over the course of her legendary life, she finally got the tribute she deserved — being featured on Comedy Central’s “Drunk History.”
If you’re not familiar with the show, the concept is that people tell famous stories or re-tell events from history — completely drunk. “Bones” star Emily Deschanel played Zaharias in the reenactment that accompanied the story.
As with all of the show’s reenactments, this one is very funny, but features some salty language. Still, it’s definitely worth a watch:
Hopefully, this isn’t the end of golf on “Drunk History.” I feel like there are plenty of stories that could be told. The rest of the episode features segments on multi-sport star Jim Thorpe and former Yankees’ pitcher Jim Abbott, and is also very entertaining.
Other Hot Links
- Delay of Game: Steve Spurrier’s Wife Interferes With Golf Plans
- 12-Year-Old Makes Hole-In-One, Wins A Prize She Can’t Drive
- Rory McIlroy Breaks Bread With Bubba… Clinton That Is
- Jack Nicklaus & Employees Take Massive Ice Bucket Challenge
- Man Filming Golf Swing Takes Low Blow
- Golfstradamaus: Deutsche Bank Championship
- LaDainian Tomlinson Sells Mansion With Putting Green, Bunker
- Mashed Potatoes, Baba Booey & The Top PGA Tour Fan Shouts
- 11 Most Memorable Boston Sports Moments