Some people think they’re above the law and others think that if they pay enough money, they ought to be able to do anything they’d like. Having never met the man, I can’t surely say that Olympic skier Bode Miller is one of those people, but he did have a quesadilla confiscated at the gates of Augusta National when he tried to bring it onto the grounds.
That’s right, he tried to sneak a quesadilla onto the course. Normally, this wouldn’t surprise me. I mean, who hasn’t sneaked a box of Junior Mints or bag of Skittles into a movie theater to avoid paying outrageous prices? But the prices at Augusta National are next to nothing. It only cost me 30 bucks or so to eat everything on the menu.
I can understand Miller’s frustration and he did make a valid point when he told the Augusta Chronicle, “If you pay $7,500 (for a ticket), you ought to be able to bring out a quesadilla.”
Bode, bud, what do you need a quesadilla for? You can pick up a pimento cheese sandwich for $1.50. Not your style? How about an egg salad sandwich for the same price?
Having said that, when you’re craving Mexican food, you get a bit of tunnel vision. Couple that with a high four-figure admission price and you start to have particular feelings about having your quesadilla confiscated. You probably start to imagine the security guard eating it in the corner, laughing at your expense. I get it, really.
But you have to understand: If you can’t even get a cellphone in the door, what makes you think you’ll get outside food in? Regardless of who you are?
[h/t Bleacher Report]
Related Link: Man On A Mission: How I Ate My Way Through Augusta
More Masters Coverage:
- Pix: Wives & Girlfriends At The Masters
- 9 Best Golfers Yet to Win a Major
- The Mini Masters: A Video Unlike Any Other
- Masters Win Would Mean Extra $3.3 Million for Lee Westwood
- 2014 Masters: Best Day 2 Style
- 2014 Masters: Best Day 1 Style
- Man On A Mission: How I Ate My Way Through Augusta
- Miguel Angel Jimenez Among Masters Leaders, Twitter Goes Nuts
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Shows Up at Masters
- Palmer, Player, Nicklaus Continue Honorary Starters Tradition
- Justin Rose Fine-Tunes Short Game with Billiards Table
- Masters Kid Caddies: The Cutest Things You’ll Ever See
- Kevin Streelman Gives Young Fan Tickets to Augusta
- Miguel Angel Jimenez’s Masters Routine: Stretching & Smoking
- The Masters: Eat Like A King At Augusta
- The Masters: Top 9 All-Time Performances
- The Masters: 9 Greatest Shots (Video)
- Rugby Superstar Dan Carter Meets Rory McIlroy at Augusta Gym
- The Best Spots To Watch Golf At Augusta National
- Photos: 2014 Returning Masters Champs
- Golfstradamaus: The Masters
- Masters Dinner: A Side of… Bugs?
- Zach Galifianakis Enjoys Bubba Watson’s Awkward Handshake
- Drive, Chip & Putt Event Brings Youth Movement To Augusta
- The Masters: Insiders Guide
- Ticket Masters: Tiger’s Withdrawal Could Cost $50 Million
- Throwback Thursday: Masters Traditions & Triumphs (Video)
- Masters Thoughts with Will Ferrell (Video)
- A Look Inside The Green Jacket
- All Shook Up: The Green Jacket (Video)
- Oh, the Places Golf’s Majors Trophies Have Been
- The Odds: Tiger Withdraws From Masters, Rory Assumes Top Spot
- A Tradition Unlike Any Other: Dumb Masters Arguments