College football kicks off this week and with it, goes the golf season for NCAA players and fanatics. Count the Head Ball Coach as those who wished he had played more this summer.
Speaking to Spurs & Feathers, a publication covering sports at the University of South Carolina, Steve Spurrier, a noted golfer, commented that while he had a great summer, he didn’t get as much time at the country club as he would have liked. And his wife is to blame.
Even fans of rival SEC football teams can sympathize with the ‘Ol Ball Coach.
As Spurrier says in the interview, he traveled with his wife to Costa Rica and Nova Scotia during his offseason — and didn’t bring the clubs! Between Four Seasons in Costa Rica and the beautiful Cabot Links, just a few hours from his Canadian vacation, we could’ve pointed Spurrier towards some must-plays.
Alas, the season is here for Spurrier and Co. as the Gamecocks prepare for their opener against Texas A&M on Thursday. While it’s clear he’s excited to get back to the course, it’s likely that Spurrier would be content if he didn’t play regularly until sometime after Jan. 12.
Other Hot Links:
- Johnny Football Shows Off Custom Scotty Cameron
- Jason, Amanda Dufner Sure Love Football
- Jason Dufner Pays Tribute To Late Friend, Auburn Football Player
- Top 25 PGA Golfers From Best Football Colleges
- Classy: New College Apartment Has Golf Simulator, Lazy River
- Rory McIlroy Looking Forward to Broncos-Colts Game in Denver
- 9 Best Sports Ice Bucket Challenges
- Michelle Wie Soars Like Mike
- Tiger Woods, Sean Foley Part Ways
- #PhilWasHere Memes Flood Web