Bubba Watson became the 17th player to win the Masters multiple times, taking home his second green jacket in three years. Tiger Woods and Arnold Palmer each have four of their own, while Jack Nicklaus has six.
But how many green jackets do they REALLY have? One.
Related Links: A Look Inside The Green Jacket
One of the best kept secrets in golf lies within the gates of Augusta National: multiple Masters winners only get one green jacket. But that’s not all… did you know that Masters winners don’t even get to keep their jacket?
When Adam Scott put Bubba’s “second” green jacket on him after the final round Sunday, it was the same jacket Watson received in 2012. Masters winners get to hold onto their jacket for a year until the start of next year’s Masters, when it is returned to Augusta National for safekeeping.
There is a catch, however. According to the tournament's official media guide, the winner only gets to keep one jacket unless their size drastically changes. So if Watson continues eating plates full of doughnuts, he may actually get that second green jacket after all!
More Masters Coverage:
- Masters 2014: Bubba Watson Wins Second Green Jacket
- Studs & Duds From the 2014 Masters
- By the Numbers: 2014 Masters
- 5 Reasons Bubba Watson is Not Your Average Golfer
- 9 Reasons Why Jordan Spieth is Coolest 20-Year-Old Ever
- 2014 Masters: Best Day 4 Style
- 2014 Masters: Best Day 3 Style
- 2014 Masters: Best Day 2 Style
- 2014 Masters: Best Day 1 Style
- Miguel Angel Jimenez's 66 Got Twitter Atwitter Again
- Bode Miller Has Quesadilla Confiscated at Augusta Gates