When Peter Hanson made an ace on the 222-yard par-3 second hole at Congressional on Saturday, he wasn’t the only one celebrating.
Thanks to Hanson and a promotion by the title sponsor to this week’s Quicken Loans National at Congressional, Arline Deacon is also a very happy woman. Because of the ace, Quicken Loans will be paying for her mortgage for an entire year.
Hanson struggled the rest of the day, finishing the round at plus-4 to end the day in a tie for 41st, but his ace on the second hole was nothing short of impressive. And even if he didn’t play stellar golf, he was, as he put it, “glad to make someone happy.” He even signed a ball for her to commemorate the moment:
— PGA TOUR Media (@PGATOURmedia) June 28, 2014
Arline Deacon might not be the only one to benefit from an ace this year, either. The promotion runs through the rest of the PGA Tour season.
Related Link: 14-Year-Old Makes Back-to-Back Holes-In-One
More Hole-in-One Links:
- 14-Year-Old Makes Back-to-Back Holes-In-One
- 17,000,000 to 1: Couple Sinks 2 Holes-In-One In Same Round
- Jordan Spieth Makes Hole-in-One at Presidents Cup
- Man Makes $1 Million Hole-In-One
- Hole-In-One Too
- Keegan Bradley Sinks Hole-In-One at Humana Challenge
- Summer of the Ace: 9 Best Holes-in-One
- Peyton Manning’s Month: Hole-In-One At Castle Pines, 77 At Augusta
Other Hot Links:
- 100 Insane Mini Golf Trick Shots Will Blow Your Mind
- Gary Player Asked Ronaldo to Help U.S. Soccer; It Worked?
- Back9Network Launches On DIRECTV Sept. 29
- New Orleans Saints to Hold Training Camp at The Greenbrier
- Rickie Fowler, Keegan Bradley and the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Picture Perfect: Jimenez & Co. Are The Ultimate Driving Machines
- The Fringe: Tiger Woods’ ‘Celebrity Shot’ & FootGolf Grows