If you were born in the 1980s and raised on Nintendo, you'll always have a soft spot for the 8-bit video game console. When you reached your teens and began enjoying PG-13 movies (because you never watched R-rated movies until you were 18, right?), among the many sports flicks to strike your fancy was probably "Happy Gilmore."
For you old-fashioned souls, CineFix needs to be your new favorite subscription on YouTube. The group retells classic movies as old school Nintendo, Super Nintendo or arcade games, and earlier this year it released "Happy Gilmore." The man who played Happy in that movie, Adam Sandler, turns 48 on Tuesday, so we thought his birthday was a good time to roll out this 8-bit remix again. Enjoy:
And that's not the only gem by CineFix. Want more 90s movies? How about "Fight Club" or "The Big Lebowski."
A classic from the 2000s? Here's "Anchorman":
Something from this decade? Here's "Hunger Games":
Or if you've got a spare hour or two, check out all the 8-bit beauties by CineFix.
Other Hot Links:
- Sydney Leroux Fails, Then Succeeds in Happy Gilmore Drive
- 9 Must-Have Golf Apps For iPhone
- 5 Biggest Surprises To Make & Miss Tour Championship
- Nature Calls: Billy Horschel Blows Up Twitter With 18th Hole Potty Break
- Tweek in Review: The Week's Best Tweets
- The Fringe: Rory Makes A Dream Come True & Stars Race To Relax
- FedExCup Update: Horschel, Hoffman, Sergio Climb
- Broncos vs. Colts Brings Out Rory, Bubba & More
- Déjà Vu: Rory McIlroy Four-Putts Green On Consecutive Days