The couple that limps together stays together, right?
That’s the mantra Tiger Woods and girlfriend Lindsey Vonn have been preaching during their respective rehabilitation programs during injury, according to a report from the Associated Press. Vonn is recouping from a second right knee operation that prevented her from competing at the 2014 Olympic Games, while Tiger is recovering from surgery on his lower back to repair a pinched nerve.
"Rehab is not a fun thing to do — it's very monotonous and tedious and a lot of the same exercises over and over and over," Vonn told the AP. "But if you're going through rehab, it's nice to have a partner to do this with ... someone who relates to your situation and that you can talk to, rehab and train together."
Woods expressed similar sentiments in a blog post on his website earlier this month.
“It does help to rehab with Lindsey [Vonn], but her programs are much further along than mine,” Woods wrote. “That does help when you're not the only one suffering. It's a good and bad thing that we're both rehabbing at the same time. Her sessions are much longer and more developed. Her knee is getting stronger and it's good to see.”
While the couple also stated they are not viewing their healing processes as a “race”, I’d have to assume that there is some level of competition between the two star athletes. Still, if there was ever a time for either athlete to go through an injury healing process, what better way than to do so than with your significant other?
There is no specific timetable for Vonn’s rehabilitation process, however she does plan on competing at a high level again in the near future. Tiger has already committed to playing in a team-style event in October.
Other Hot Links:
- Lindsey Vonn Sizzles In Cover Shoot For Red Bull
- Photos: Tiger Woods Fans
- Tiger Woods on Rehab, Missing Masters, Putting Contests
- Tiger Woods Eyeing Return at 2014 Open Championship
- Players React Following Tiger Woods Injury Bombshell
- Another Injury Keeps Tiger Woods Out of Another Major
- Lindsey Vonn Goes Undercover in Her Hometown
- Peyton Manning Playfully Ripped Tiger Woods Over No. 1 Ranking
- Tiger Woods Sinks 91-Foot Putt at Trump National Doral
- Video: Ahmad Rashad Hassled By Guy On Driving Range... And It's Tiger Woods
- Tiger Woods Hits Golf Ball from Asia into Europe
- Lindsey Vonn: Tiger Woods is 'Dorky-Goofy'