Fueled by the notion that he had the Masters title within his grasp on Sunday, Jordan Spieth is taking no time off this week. He's in Hilton Head Island, S.C., for the RBC Heritage at Harbour Town Golf Links.
The 20-year-old took part in the event's pro-am Wednesday, which means he played with people much older than him and much worse than him at golf. To wit, one of his amateur partners shanked a wedge shot on the 18th fairway and caught Spieth in the back of his left calf.
Spieth was OK, but snuck inside the clubhouse to pop some Advil prior to playing the final nine holes.
"He felt really bad, but I kept telling him that I'm fine," Spieth said of the amateur.
These past few days have really taught the kid how to toughen up.
Related Link: 9 Reasons Why Jordan Spieth is Coolest 20-Year-Old Ever
Other Hot Links:
- Studs & Duds From the 2014 Masters
- 5 Things You Need to Know: RBC Heritage
- Golfstradamaus on RBC Heritage
- Tournament Hole of the Week: RBC Heritage
- The Fringe: Rickie Goes Topless & Eli Manning Steps Up