The first ever Australian to win the Masters, Adam Scott, will be bringing some food from Down Under to his Champions Dinner. Scott will be hosting the dinner on Tuesday after he took home the green jacket in 2013, and he’ll be providing his guests with a meal they’ve probably never had before.
Related Link: Kangaroo to Lobster: The Masters Champions Dinner
After originally saying he may serve kangaroo, Scott has since added a new dish: bugs. That’s right, he’ll be flying three-dozen Moreton Bay Bugs from his homeland of Australia to Augusta for his fellow Masters champions to try. These “bugs” are actually flat-headed lobsters found in a body of water on the east coast of Australia, which is close to where Scott grew up.
We won't have to wait long to see how the Aussie’s menu stacks up against some of the best and worst in the dinner’s 62-year history.
Photo Gallery: Augusta National Turns 81
Related Links: Kangaroo to Lobster: The Masters Champions Dinner
More Masters Coverage:
- Tiger Woods To Miss Masters For 1st Time in Career
- Masters Thoughts with Will Ferrell (Video)
- A Look Inside The Green Jacket
- All Shook Up: The Green Jacket (Video)
- Oh, the Places Golf's Majors Trophies Have Been
- The Masters: 2014 Rookie Class
- The Masters: 2014 Returning Champions
- The Masters: 2014 Remaining Field
- The Odds: Tiger Withdraws From Masters, Rory Assumes Top Spot
- A Tradition Unlike Any Other: Dumb Masters Arguments
- The Masters: 9 Greatest Shots (Video)
- Augusta's Famed Eisenhower Tree Removed, 'Ike' Probably Happy
- 2014 Major Venues Not Immune to Winter Blast (Photos)