Less than 24 hours after Rory McIlroy called her out, actress Meghan Markle has made good on the challenge — with a little help from McIlroy himself.
Markle took a moment before being soaked to remind folks to donate to the cause, which has raised nearly a million dollars a day over the last month or so for ALS research. Afterwards, she called out tennis great Serena Williams and posed for a photo with the guy who did the dousing:
— Rory Mcilroy (@McIlroyRory) August 20, 2014
One of McIlroy’s other call-outs also made good on the challenge — former U.S. President George W. Bush got soaked on Wednesday with a little help from the former First Lady:
The golf world was one of the earliest adopters of the challenge, starting with Rickie Fowler and Keegan Bradley and reaching as far as Woods and McIlroy, Tim Finchem and U.S. Ryder Cup captain Tom Watson and his entire team.
It’s good to see McIlroy is staying busy ahead of this week’s The Barclays in Paramus, N.J., and the beginning of the FedExCup playoffs. McIlroy enters as the No. 1-ranked player and the favorite for this week’s tournament.
Related Link: Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy Accept Ice Bucket Challenge
Other Hot Links
- The Odds: Rory McIlroy Favorite to Win FedExCup Championship
- 5 Things You Need to Know: The Barclays at Ridgewood
- 9 Most Memorable FedExCup Moments
- ‘The Golf Club’ Launches On Xbox One & PC
- 9 Best Golfer Appearances on Talk Shows
- Tim Finchem, Tom Watson Continue Ice Bucket Challenge
- Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy Battle Jimmy Fallon on ‘Tonight Show’
- Fallon, McIlroy and Woods Help Launch New Nike Vapor Irons