Spending a bit of downtime traveling the world, New Zealand rugby star Dan Carter has ventured over to Augusta National to take in the Masters. As is typical for a man in his sport, Carter made his way to the gym Monday, where he ran into another sporting legend: Rory McIlroy.
Just a former golf world No. 1 with arguably the best player on the world’s best rugby team.
— Dan Carter (@DanCarter) April 7, 2014
We’re assuming McIlroy was about done with his workout.
Anyway, Carter stars for the All Blacks, which is New Zealand’s national rugby union squad and the reigning world champions. You know, the guys who do the haka (Carter is No. 10):
Carter is a fly-half, which is sort of like a basketball point guard in that he’s crucial in passing and directing the team, and he’s also the squad’s goal kicker. In those roles he’s become the all-time leading international scorer, having amassed 1,440 points over 100 matches in his career, nearly 200 points more than England’s Jonny Wilkinson.
And Carter is also a golf fan. He made his way onto a course while in Hong Kong a couple weeks ago:
— Dan Carter (@DanCarter) March 28, 2014
Other stops over the past month in the jet-setting life of Carter: Melbourne, Australia; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Macau, China; and New York City. Life is tough.
More Masters Coverage:
- 9 Players to Watch at the Masters
- The Masters: Insiders Guide
- Tiger Woods To Miss Masters For 1st Time in Career
- Masters Thoughts with Will Ferrell (Video)
- A Look Inside The Green Jacket
- All Shook Up: The Green Jacket (Video)
- Oh, the Places Golf’s Majors Trophies Have Been
- The Masters: 2014 Rookie Class
- The Masters: 2014 Returning Champions
- The Masters: 2014 Remaining Field
- Kangaroo to Lobster: The Masters Champions Dinner
- The Odds: Tiger Withdraws From Masters, Rory Assumes Top Spot
- A Tradition Unlike Any Other: Dumb Masters Arguments
- The Masters: 9 Greatest Shots (Video)
- Augusta’s Famed Eisenhower Tree Removed, ‘Ike’ Probably Happy